Language: English is the official language of the conference.
Tasks and Responsibilities of the Advisory Board
1. To determine the main theme of the congress, the congress schedule and the acceptance criteria.
2. To determine the fields and field coordinators
3. To monitor the process of evaluation the papers of field coordinators and scientific board
4. To help the Executive Committee of Congress to organize the program.
5. To assist and advice to the Executive Committee on academic activities.
6. To work with together Congress Executive Board to conclude the goals of the congress during the congress.
7. To develop a ‘Congress Evaluation Survey’ to enable the evaluation of the congresses with academic and social dimensions
8. To assist the Congress Executive Committee on the planning of the congress sessions and the determination of the presidents.
9. To accept, evaluate and decide on applications for congress. The request to host the congress shall be communicated in writing to the Advisory Board of the National Tourism Congresses. A written declaration of the university rectorate in relation to the year requested is essential. With the decision of the Advisory Board, it will be certain which university will host the National Tourism Congress next year.
10. To determine the spelling rules and evaluation format of the abstracts, extended abstracts and/or full papers.
11. To work on the promotion of the Congress and its support especially by the public sector (Ministry of Culture and Tourism, TUBITAK, TURSAB, TUROFED, Professional Organizations, and Civil Society Organizations).
The Scientific board consists of tourism academicians, who hold the title of professor, who have chosen tourism as a field of study and are active in different higher education units. (The current version of the scientific board is included in the boards section of the website)
The duration of membership of the Scientific Committee is three years. The term of membership of the members whose term of office has been completed may be re-extended by the decision of the Advisory Board. Without a valid excuse acceptable to the Advisory Board, the membership of a member of the scientific board who does not participate in two consecutive semesters of paper evaluation shall automatically terminate. The Advisory Board may elect new members to replace the members of the Science Committee who fail to fulfill their duties without their valid excuses. The Advisory Board shall decide to remove members from the Science Board or to add new members with the rate of ¾ the votes of those attending the meeting. This vote is made confidential.
Tasks and Responsibilities of the Scientific Committee
1. To provide scientific and managerial support to the Advisory Board and the Congress Executive Board in the organization, management, communication, promoting and coordination of National Tourism Congress.
2. To take part as a reviewer in the evaluation of extended abstracts and/or full papers.
3. To evaluate of the extended abstract and/or full paper to be sent by the field coordinators in electronic format in the desired format and time interval.
4. To contribute to the determination of the papers that can be published in academic journals. This decision is only incentive and it is not a commitment to publish papers. The related papers should also go through the review process of the journals.
5. To make recommendations to the Advisory Board in determining the main theme of the congresses to be held.
6. To support the Advisory Board about academic activities, to provide guidance and to make recommendations.
Advisory and Scientific Committee Members Presenting Their Own Papers
Advisory and Scientific Committee Members can present their individual or joint papers. Advisory and Scientific Committee Members who present individual or joint papers can join to review the papers of the related congress but cannot get involved in their own papers’ review process. The papers of the Advisory Board who are the field coordinators will be sent to three referees by the Executive Comimitee.
Paper Review Policies
The extended abstracts or the full papers will be forwarded by the Executive Board to the field coordinator via e-mails assuring the names of the authors are confidential. Paper Review Form is to be attached in the e-mail.
Field coordinator reviews the paper and e-mails the paper and the paper review forms to at least two Scientific Committee Members who have studies in the related topic assuring the names of the authors are confidential.
The members of the Scientific Committee review the extended abstracts or fullpapers online.
Field coordinator reads the papers s/he receives as the third referee.
The papers will be either ACCEPTED or REJECTED. Minor review can be suggested for few corrections.
Field coordinator adds his/her own reviews to the reviews of the referees and sent the papers to the Executive Committee. The review includes the name, the id number, referees, the decision on the referees, the review of the field coordinator of the papers and the result.
The papers of the Advisory Board Members who are the field coordinators at the same time will be sent to three referees by the Congress Executive Committee. The conclusion will be decided upon the reviews of three referees.
Paper Review Forms received from field coordinators will be e-mailed to the authors by the Executive Board.
Field coordinators are supposed to check the implementation of minor corrections requested.
Field coordinator is supposed to keep all the documents s/he have sent to the Executive Board.
All the records on paper review process received from field coordinators and Scientific Committee will be contained in the board.
The review process of the extented abstracts and/or will be executed at once.
The Executive Board declares if a paper is accepted or rejected based on the review forms received from field coordinators.
Presenting and Publishing Papers
The field coordinator and at least two Scientific Committee members should approve the presentation; the authors should guarantee their participation so that the papers can ve presented and published in the proceedings.
The papers of the members of the Advisory Board who are the field coordinators at the same time should be approved by at least two of the three referees for presentation.
CONGRESS EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
Congress Executive Committee is formed by the “officials of the higher education unit” who undertake the task of organizing the congress and the necessary information is forwarded to the National Tourism Congress Advisory Board.
The Executive Committee of the Congress prepares the main theme and announcement of the congress with the Advisory Board and makes the first call at the National Tourism Congress of the current year (at the previous Congress). In the following period, the Executive Comittee act together with the Advisory Board according to the scheduled calendar, working principles and extended summary and / or full text evaluation results coming from the field coordinators of the congress
Duties of the Congress Executive Committee
- To Determine the main theme of the congress together with the Advisory Board, to prepare its announcement and to make its first call at the National Tourism Congress Advisory Board meeting of the current year.
- To Determine the congress schedule and working process by taking the views of the Advisory Board.
- Implementing the stages of the process with the support and commitment of the Advisory Board and the Scientific Committee.
- Preparing posters, announcements and materials related to the Congress; to announce to the universities and related institutions and organizations. Preparing the web page in the internet that is required for communication.
- To announce the results of the extended summary and / or the full text of the papers that are evaluated by the Field Coordinators and the Scientific Committee.
- To send the extended abstracts and / or full-text notifications to the relevant field coordinators electronically that sent to the Congress.
- To send the papers of the members of the Advisory Board who work as field coordinators to three arbitrators of the Scientific Committee.
- To transmit the evaluation forms of the field coordinators to the writers through e-mail.
- Transmitting relevant papers to field coordinators through e-mail in order to check for corrections in case of minor correction.
- Not to inform anyone about the writers of papers at any stage of the extended summary and / or full text evaluation process.
- To provide the publication of the proceedings book. To check whether the required corrections are made by the author (s) in the accepted papers.
- To organize pre- during and post-congress meetings, and to inform the concerned parties about the time and place of the invitation when the Advisory Board considers it necessary.
- Ensuring the implementation of the Congress Evaluation Questionnaire, which was developed by the Congress Advisory Board to enable the evaluation of congresses with academic and social dimensions, and to present the results to the Advisory Board.
- To prepare the records of the meetings of the Congress Advisory Board before, during and / or after the congress, to ensure that it is signed and kept and to be transferred to the Congress Executive Committee in the following year.
- To contribute to the Executive Committee of the next Congress with its knowledge and experience.
- To be in constant communication with the President of the Congress Advisory Board during the conduct of the Congress.